Yes, we’re finally down to election day. So, in addition to the two assignments listed on the class schedule for this week, I’d like you to write a blog post about your election experience. For example:
- Was this your first time voting in a presidential election?
- How/where did you vote? (i.e., Did you vote at a polling place or by mail? Did you vote early or on election day? I’m not asking you to say who you voted for…unless you want to talk about that.)
- What sources did you go to for the latest election results? (i.e., network TV, cable TV, online news sites, blogs, twitter, Facebook, text messages)
- What’s your overall impression of the election news coverage? Was it good? Bad? About right? Overkill? Repetitive? Interesting?
- Which election news sources worked best for you? Why?
Of course, I’m assuming that you will be paying attention to the election results. After all, this is a news writing class and you need to stay on top of things.
This blog post will be due by 6 p.m. Saturday, though you might want to write it earlier…while everything is fresh in your memory.